Sunday, October 31, 2004

Cathedral Lyceum, a.k.a. "the Lit Club," Refurbished

The Cathedral Lyceum, a landmark of the Frog Hollow neighborhood since 1896, has been redeveloped into the Lyceum Resource and Conference Center. The imposing brick and brownstone building, at 227 Lawrence St., has been put to many uses over the years; many remember it as the home of the Lithuanian-American Club. In an op-ed article for the October 31 editions of the Hartford Courant, David Fink of The Partnership for Strong Communities writes that the Lyceum "was built as a community center for the wave of immigrants coming to work in what was then a 19th-century industrial boomtown. Now it will be a place for policy-makers, practitioners and scholars to discuss and develop solutions to the state's burgeoning shortage of adequate and affordable housing."

No comments:

Post a Comment